Home Forums Main Forum Welcome to the Forums! [Read this First]

• Author
    Keymaster
    #415 |

This forum could be an enriching experience for all active participants. But first, we need to set some ground rules:

GENERAL RULES:
    * Be professional and courteous. I don’t want to see any discrimination, excessive vulgarity, defamation, bullying, etc.
    * You are responsible for what you post. So don’t post anything stupid, proprietary or illegal.
    * No solicitations. I don’t mind if something comes up naturally, but I will delete anything that looks like spam. This is particularly true for any intermediaries (brokers) or anyone involved in a service business.
    * No refunds will be given if you are kicked off for violating the forum rules.
    * Your CA subscriptions may also be terminated for gross violations.

DISCLAIMERS:
    * The contents of the Forums are for informational purposes only, and does not constitute a solicitation for the purchase of any future or security.
    * Futures and Options trading involves substantial risk of loss.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Curve Advisor.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Curve Advisor.
  • Curve Advisor
    Keymaster

After a few weeks, it seems that most members like to read and not post. So I don’t mind if this becomes a “what is Curve Advisor thinking now about trading and the curve” and “ask Curve Advisor” type of forum. Feel free to ask any questions you may have on the ED curve, or any trade you find interesting, or any developments in the markets.

• Curve Advisor
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new Forum. For years, I thought that STIR futures trading was mostly for the larger players in the market, and I had targeted the Curve Advisor web site as such. But I’ve been surprised at how many non-institutional traders have a genuine interest in looking at the yield curve. When I look around at what is available as a resource to people interested in trading short term interest rate futures, the answer is “surprisingly little” considering just Eurodollar futures typically have over 10 million contracts in open interest, with a notional of $10 trillion dollars. This does not include options, which typically has several times the futures open interest. And let’s not forget the market for Fed Funds futures or the international STIR futures, including futures for the EU, the UK, Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

My focus for this site will be mainly educational. My goal for the next few months will be to develop more introductory content. But I do want start discussing some practical applications as well – different types of trades and other ways you can use STIR futures as part of a portfolio. It may take me a few months to get the site to the basic level I want it – you should see progress every week. Thanks for your patience.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.