Curve AdvisorKeymasterApril 24, 2016 at 8:53 pmPost count: 612
I hope you like the new look of the Forum and the web site in general. I’ve decided to keep the web site and Forum content free for the near future. I want to live dangerously and experience how annoying spam bots and internet trolls can be. I’ve already had to install software to prevent fake registrations, and I had to start moderating comments.
I will be busy writing new content for the web site for the foreseeable future. I typically will post in the Forum a few days a week. For the next few weeks (at least), I will be posting primarily in the “Basics” section. I will still try to post at least once a week in the Forum. The good news is, you will actually be getting MORE content from me, if you look at the entire web site – it just won’t be in the Forum. But feel free to post any questions or comments – I always reply.
Curve AdvisorKeymasterApril 29, 2016 at 1:11 amPost count: 612
I cleared my schedule and will be writing something on a DAILY basis during the business week, starting next month. Some days it may be a reply in the Forums, a “Basics” post, a trade discussion, a post that does not fit the newsletter, an excerpt from the Newsletter or a new feature to the web site. And on other days it may be more than one of the above. I’m looking forward to building up the site.
Curve AdvisorKeymasterJuly 2, 2016 at 6:35 pmPost count: 612
I have been really busy professionally and personally the past few weeks, so I haven’t had a chance to do as much work on the web site or the new products as I would have liked. And now I am staring at several family trips. I am hoping to find some time over the rest of the summer to continue with new material and products. In the meantime, I think having some sort of publishing schedule would be helpful to you, in case there was some feature of the site you particularly looked forward to. So starting next week, I will try to update the following by 10am CST every morning:
Monday – delayed selected news takeaways in the Forum
Tuesday – updated Value on the Curve summary
Wednesday – featured commentary from the Newsletter
Thursday – new Forum post and/or answering reader questions
Friday – other new content or web site feature.
Hopefully, this will make your visits to the site more productive.
Curve AdvisorKeymasterJanuary 6, 2017 at 3:21 pmPost count: 612
We are making some changes to the Curve Advisor Forum for 2017:
• FREE Digest: You can sign up to receive a free weekly or semi-monthly summary of new posts on the web site and the Forum, starting next week. The Digest may also include some delayed market and trade commentary not on the web site. On a related note, I will be discontinuing the “News Takeaways” thread, and just incorporating selected bullets into the Digest.
• Expanding to other STIR futures: Now that there is some life on other yield curves, we are slowly expanding on our success in the US to other STIR futures markets: (1) Euribor futures, (2) Short Sterling futures and (3) Canadian BA futures. We recently put out our first Euribor trade. The focus of the CA will still be on the US but we are looking to pick up a few pieces of low-hanging fruit a year in other countries.
• Forum Changes: The “free Forum” experiment was not effective. There was less participation and the CA web site just kept getting overrun by new spam accounts despite various counter-measures. The Main Forum will still be free to read, but posting will be limited to paid members. Since only a tiny percentage of registered users ever posted on the Forum, this should not be much of an inconvenience to most users. If you are receiving this email, you will be exempt from payment for 2017. You will also be exempt if you contribute content to the Forum. Use this opportunity to post that question or comment you may have had.
• Possible new Premium Forum membership? We are considering adding a “Research” product for people wanting to learn about curve trading. This membership will include access to a private Forum with 1.5 week old CA Newsletters and Trade ideas. This is meant to be a place where we can have more thorough discussions on market and trade-specific topics. We would discuss why certain structures were selected over others and do a review of performance after trades are completed. There could also be other advanced topics for discussion. The cost will be $99 per month, and will be free to CA Newsletter Subscribers. We will only do this if there are a minimum number of people interested, so let me know if you want to be on the wait list.
• Affiliate Program: If you know anyone who may want to subscribe, let us know. The Affiliate Program would credit you up to 25% toward a CA subscription, and pay cash thereafter. Email for more details.
You may also see us doing more writing (especially on the web site and Forum) and being more active on some other mass-market outlets: Twitter (@CurveAdvisor), Seeking Alpha and other sites.
We always appreciate feedback. Let us know if you have any thoughts on the above changes or any suggestions for improvement. Best of wishes for the New Year.
– Curve Advisor
MichaelParticipantJanuary 7, 2017 at 3:44 amPost count: 5
Great idea about newsletter. Sometimes it’s hard to find time to collect all the new posts and publications on the web-site. Newsletter solves this problem.
Also I have to suggest to remove ads on the forum. IMHO it’s not the necessary thing for commercial project, focused mostly on professionals.
Curve AdvisorKeymasterJanuary 8, 2017 at 5:05 pmPost count: 612
I am planning an overhaul of the web site when I get caught up with my other start-of-year projects. I am currently planning to remove almost all of the Google advertising, but I may have more cross-elements from other parts of the web site. I suppose it may be more “acceptable” for some forms of information sites to have advertising than others (like news sites). The advertising was just a trial – just like the free Forum. Neither were effective, so I want to make the web site cleaner.
Thanks for the feedback.
Curve AdvisorKeymasterDecember 28, 2017 at 3:43 pmPost count: 612
I have a new article on Seeking Alpha on the return of the turn. This was written just this past weekend, on a theme I had been discussing in the CA for the past few weeks with clients.
We locked in another 38.2 basis-point units last week. This week is your last chance to lock in 2017 rates. Sign up now and get: (1) four free back issues of the CA, (2) grandfathered 2017 rates for nine months and (3) a 25% introductory discount for new subscribers (discount code: INTRO). Subscribe by December 31 to lock in the lower rates. There are also discounts if you want to prepay for 6 or 12 months.
I would like to wish you all the best for the New Year.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.